The procedure for foreign investor in range of getting permission in SEZ „Starachowice”:
- “Starachowice” SEZ Inc. proposes localisation – 1 week from the date of applying An Entry Declaration for Investors.
- Negotiations, agreements – possible immediately after the localisation proposes.
- Applying the foreign Investor’s Application Form to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for buying the buildings/areas – getting the Promise (if it’s necessary) – 1 month from the date of applying the Investor’s Application Form.
- Investor’s Application for commencement of tender or negotiations – after getting the Promise from the Ministry of Internal affairs (if it’s necessary).
- An invitation to the tender or negotiations – max. 1 week from the date of applying the Investor’s application for commencement of procedure.
- Investor’s offer – 21 days from the date of the invitation to the tender or negotiations.
- The permit to run business activity in the area of the “Starachowice” Special Economic Zone – max. 4 weeks from the date of the invitation to the tender or negotiations.
- Changing the Promise into the Permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs for buying buildings/areas –2 weeks (if it’s necessary).
- Making the buildings/areas available (selling or renting) – available immediately after giving the permission for activity within the zone and applying by investor the permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs for buying buildings/areas (if it’s necessary).
The permit shall not be granted for the following business operations:
manufacture of explosives, tobacco products, processing of motor fuels, as well as production, bottling and processing of alcohol beverages and spirit intended for purposes other than the production of biocomponents;
running game centres, as referred to in the Gambling Act of November 19th, 2009 (J. of Laws No. 201, item 1540);
services of installation, repair, maintenance and overhauls of machines and equipment used for pursuing business activity in the zone area;
sewerage discharge and treatment services; sewage sludge, as referred to in section E, chapter 37 of the Polish Classification of Goods and Services implemented by the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of October 29th, 2008 concerning the Polish Classification of Goods and Services (PKWiU) (J. of Laws No. 207, item 1293 and No. 220, item 1435 and of 2009, No. 33, item 256 and No. 222, item 1753), hereinafter referred to as “PKWiU”;
waste collection, treatment and disposal services; materials recovery services, as referred to in section E, chapter 38 of PKWiU, excluding:
a) other recyclable non-hazardous waste, as referred to in category 38.11.5,
b) hazardous waste, as referred to in items: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and in subcategory 38.12.27,
c) waste organic solvents, as referred to in category 38.21.3,
d) materials recovery services; secondary raw materials, as referred to in group 38.3;
remediation services and other waste management services, as referred to in section E, chapter 39 of PKWiU;
constructions and construction works, as referred to in section F of PKWiU;
wholesale and retail trade services, repair services of motor vehicles and motorcycles, as well as accommodation and food services, as referred to in sections G and I of PKWiU;
towing services in road transportation, as referred to in section H, subcategory 52.21.25 of PKWiU;
information and communication licensing services, as referred to in section J of PKWiU, related to:
a) licensing services for books, brochures, leaflets, maps, as referred to in category 58.11.6,
b) licensing services for the right to use registers and lists, especially mailing lists and directories, as referred to in category 58.12.3,
c) licensing services for journals and periodicals, as referred to in category 58.14.4,
d) licensing services for other printed matter, as referred to in category 58.19.3,
e) licensing services for the right to use computer games, as referred to in category 58.21.4,
f) licensing services for the right to use computer software, as referred to in category 58.29.5;
information and communication services, as referred to in section J of PKWiU, related to:
a) motion picture, video recording, television programme, sound and music recording production, as referred to in chapter 59, excluding sound recording and music publishing services, as referred to in category 59.20.3,
b) programming and broadcasting activities, as referred to in chapter 60,
c) other information services, as referred to in group 63.9,
financial and insurance services and services for the real estate market, as referred to in sections K and L of PKWiU;
professional, scientific and technical services, as referred to in section M of PKWiU, excluding:
a) financial auditing services, as referred to in category 69.20.1,
b) accounting and bookkeeping services, as referred to in category 69.20.2,
c) technical testing and analysis services, as referred to in group 71.2,
d) scientific research and development services, as referred to in chapter 72;
administrative and support services, as referred to in section N of PKWiU, excluding call centre services, as referred to in group 82.2;
public administration and national defence services; compulsory social security services and education services; human health and social work services; arts, entertainment, sporting and recreation services – as referred to in sections O-R of PKWiU;
other services, as referred to in section S of PKWiU, excluding repair and maintenance services of computers and communication equipment, as referred to in group 95.1 of PKWiU;
services of households and services provided by extraterritorial organisations and bodies, as referred to in sections T and U of PKWiU;
business activity the pursuit of which requires concession, pursuant to art. 32 point. 1 of the act of April 10th, 1997 – Energy Law (J. of Laws of 2006 No. 89, item 625, as amended).
Also, the permit shall not be granted in the following cases:
in the cases specified in Article 1 Paragraph 2 point c and d, Paragraph 3 point a-d, Paragraph 4 and 5, and Article 13 point a-c and point e of the Ordinance No 651/2014;
for a large enterprise within the meaning of Article 2, Subparagraph 24 of the Ordinance No. 651/2014 to conduct economic activity in the areas of the Masovian Voivodeship within the same class of activity, specified in accordance with the provisions issued with regard to the classification of activity on the basis of Article 40, Paragraph 2 of the Act of 29 June 1995 on public statistics (Journal of Laws of 2012, Item 591, as amended ), as the activity conducted by that entrepreneur within those areas.
The „Starachowice” Special Economic Zone Inc. as the manager of the „Starachowice” Special Economic Zone is entitled on behalf of the Minister relevant to the issues of economy the permits for running the economic activity within the zone and is entitled to the current control of the entrepreneur`s activities in the zone, in range of fulfilling the permit conditions.
Tenders & Negotiations
The objective of the tender and negotiations is specifying the entrepreneurs whose intended economic enterprises in the area of the zone will to be the most conducive for the fulfillment of the zone development plan specified in the regulation of the minister competent for economic issues pursuant to Art. 9 of the Act of October 20, 1994 on special economic zones.
Tenders and negotiations shall be run by the Starachowice S.A. Special Economic Zone.
Negotiations and tenders are initiated on the basis of a public invitation to tender.The Manager invites participants to a tender or negotiations by placing an announcement in a national daily as well as on the website of the zone.
In the event an entrepreneur applies for a permit and acquisition of the property right to real estate or other assets located in the area of the zone, the Manager organizes a joint tender.
The invitation to a tender or negotiations shall specify in particular:
- the name and registered office of the Manager and the name of the zone,
- the manner of obtaining the specification of essential terms and conditions of the tender or negotiations as well as the price of the specification,
- the venue, deadline for the submission and opening of tender bids.
An invitation to a tender additionally includes information on the real estate or other assets located in the area of the zone that are to be utilized for the purposes of an economic enterprise within the zone.
The bid shall be made in writing in the Polish language. It should specify in particular:
- the name and registered office of the bidder or the first and last name and address of the bidder if it is an individual person,
- the size, subject matter and economic nature of the business enterprises intended by the bidder in the zone as well as terms and conditions of their implementation (business plan, feasibility study),
- the name and registered office of the entity acting on behalf of the bidder of the first and last name and the address if the bidder is represented by an individual person – if applicable,
- the price offered in consideration of acquiring the right to the real estate or other assets that are the subject matter of the tender.
The deadline for submitting the bids specified by the Manager shall be no shorter that 21 days, starting from the date of the invitation to the tender or negotiations.
The evaluation concerning intended business enterprises to be initiated in the zone should take into account the following criteria:
- the subject and scope of business activity so far run by the bidder and which is to be run in the area of the zone,
- the value and conditions of the implementation of the business enterprises, including those intended to be implemented in the zone,
- participation in the development and modernization of economic facilities in the zone,
- participation in business relations, including cooperation with entrepreneurs operating in Poland,
- compliance of business enterprises intended to be implemented in the zone with objectives of the zone development and business enterprises implemented or intended to be implemented in the zone by other entrepreneurs,
- degree of hazard posed to the environmental and activities intended to protect the environment,
- degree of innovativeness of the technology used in the enterprises and activity intended to be implemented in the zone.
Without undue delay, on the conclusion of the proceedings the Manager shall:
position information concerning the selection of a bid on the website,
notify in writing the bidder selected in the course of the proceedings of the terms and conditions of implementation of the tender or negotiations conclusions.